- At least 5 percent, but never less than one, fixed shooting position must be accessible and shall be connected by an accessible route of travel, and have a level, 60-inch clear, circular turning space.
- Different fixed shooting positions or types at one site should all be served by the same accessible route when possible. When this is not possible, because of extreme terrain, accessible parking at each different shooting opportunity or shooting line is allowed.
- Access to targets and pits is on a case-by-case basis.
- All tables and benches must accommodate wheelchairs or mobility devices at the designated shooting accessible location.
For More Information
- Washington Administrative Code 51-50-1101
- U.S. Department of Justice 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
Gun range entrance
Photograph shows the paved entrance to the Tacoma Sportsman's Club.