- Need a firm, stable outdoor route of travel, 44 inches wide minimum, connecting to any bleachers or viewing benches that have integrated or adjacent seating with comparable view and site lines.
- All bleachers should have at least one hard, level, clear space, 36 inches wide by 48 inches deep minimum (36 inches wide x 60 inches deep preferred) to accommodate wheelchairs in the middle or at least one or both ends. Spaces at both ends and or middle are preferred giving users more choices for viewing and integration.
- Don’t forget to include access to coaching areas or trophy presentation areas.
For More Information
- Washington Administrative Code 51-50-1101
- U.S. Department of Justice 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design
Depth of wheelchair spaces in assembly areas
Width of wheelchair spaces in assembly areas