The Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program Forestland Preservation Advisory Committee evaluates grant proposals for projects that acquire development rights on forestland and ensure the land remains available for forestry in the future.
The committee meets several times a year to advise the Recreation and Conservation Funding Board on which projects to fund.
- Live in Washington
- Are interested in public policy
- Enjoy seeking creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Have experience with forest management or small forest landowning
- 2-4 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other year
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
Local Agency and Nonprofit Members
- Arno Bergstrom, Kitsap County, Port Orchard
- Joe Kane, Nisqually Land Trust, Olympia
- Jay McLaughlin, Mount Adams Resource Stewards, Glenwood
- Mark Ferry, Aberdeen, Quinault Indian Nation Division of Natural Resources
State Agency Members
- Stephen Bernath, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
Forest Landowner and Citizen Members
- Jeff DeBell, Olympia
- Gretchen Lech, Hancock Forest Management, Coeur d’Alene
- Sue Wright, Vancouver