The City of Kenmore used a grant to renovate Moorlands Neighborhood Park, a 3.6-acre, underdeveloped park next to Moorlands Elementary School.
The refurbishment included the following:
- Redeveloping a baseball field
- Renovating a T-ball practice field
- Installing a children’s playground
- Building a stage for community programs
- Building restrooms and a picnic shelter
- Renovating a small shelter for protection from the weather
- Paving the parking lot and pathways
- Installing park furniture
- Landscaping the park
- Improving the park entrance
- Installing fences
The project improved the quality of the park and access for people with disabilities.
Moorlands Neighborhood Park is the only park in the southeast corner of Kenmore.
See project details.