RCO is an exemplary partner that provides statewide leadership and funding to protect and improve the best of Washington’s natural and outdoor recreation resources, now and for future generations.
Washington State has abundant outdoor recreation spaces, healthy habitats, and working farms and forests that support people, fish, and wildlife.
- We communicate openly and consistently.
- We ensure that our workplace is a respectful, inclusive, and family-friendly environment where employees learn and lead.
- We recognize that top-notch customer service and collaborative relationships with others make us successful.
- We use data when making decisions.
Organizing Goals and Objectives
Goal: Fair and Accountable Grant Management
- Provide competitive grants efficiently and fairly so that partners can make strategic investments.
- Ensure that grants and contracts are effectively implemented and maintained for the benefit of all.
Goal: Innovative and Efficient Business Practices
- Meet business needs with strategic communication, policy, fiscal, administrative, and technology services.
- Create an agency culture of leadership, innovation, and continual improvement.
Goal: Leadership and Collaboration
- Collect and manage data to inform plans, investments, and funding decisions.
- Collaborate with our boards and partners to develop and implement plans, strategies, and policies that address conservation, recreation, invasive species, and salmon recovery.
- Educate the public about the importance of the state’s investments in conservation, recreation, invasive species, and salmon recovery.