- Watch the Comprehensive Plan Overview Webinar.
- Watch Successful Applicant Webinar.
- Watch the October application Webinar.
- Sign up for e-mail notifications about this program.
- Long-range, comprehensive recreation planning
- Cooperative recreation plan development
- Pre-design plans and permitting for a park or athletic facility
Who May Apply?
- Cities, counties, towns
- Native American tribes
- Special purpose districts such as park and recreation, port, conservation, and school districts
The Legislature provides funding from the sale of state bonds.
RCO anticipates awarding grants within a range of $20,000–$250,000 per application. Projects outside this range will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants are not required to provide matching resources.
All phases of planning, pre-design, and technical assistance for public outdoor recreation facilities including comprehensive plans, construction drawings, environmental assessments, feasibility and preconstruction studies, route surveys and reconnaissance, and site master plans.
- Projects unlikely to lead to capital development
- Exclusive planning for recreation programming
Contact Leah Dobey, 360-867-8451
Hearing Impaired, call 711