The Governor’s Salmon Recovery Office was established by the Legislature, through the Salmon Recovery Planning Act, and charged with coordinating a statewide salmon recovery strategy. Other tasks include:
- Helping develop and implement regional recovery plans.
- Securing funding for local, regional, and state recovery efforts.
- Preparing the biennial State of Salmon in Watersheds report and Web site to the Legislature.
- Advising the Salmon Recovery Funding Board.
- Updating the Statewide Strategy to Recover Salmon: Extinction is not an option.
Salmon Recovery Data
We invite you to explore the databases linked below to better understand the state’s progress on salmon recovery.