- The accessible beach route must be at least 60 inches wide except in dune areas where it can be 48 inches wide. It must coincide with the general pedestrian beach, whenever possible, and the surface must be firm and stable.
- Temporary accessible beach routes are allowed where permanent ones cannot be built.
- Beach replenishment or nourishment may not trigger accessibility requirements.
- U.S. Access Board’s accessibility guidelines for outdoor areas
- U.S. Department of Justice’s Americans with Disabilities Act (2010) Standards for Accessible Design
Photograph shows accessible pathways to the beach at Battleground State Park.