- At least 5 percent, but never less than one fixed shooting position must be accessible, must be connected by an accessible route of travel, and must have a level, 60-inch clear, circular turning space.
- Different fixed shooting positions or types at one site should all be served by the same accessible route when possible. When this is not possible because of extreme terrain, accessible parking at each different shooting opportunity or shooting line is allowed.
- Access to targets and pits is on a case-by-case basis.
- All tables and benches must accommodate wheelchairs or mobility devices at the designated shooting accessible location.
- U.S. Department of Justice’s Americans with Disabilities Act (2010) Standards for Accessible Design
- Washington Administrative Code 51-50-1101
Gun Range Entrance
Photograph shows the paved entrance to the Tacoma Sportsman’s Club.