The Aquatic Lands Enhancement Account Advisory Committee evaluates grant proposals for projects that buy, protect, and restore shorelines or provide public access to the waterfront.
These projects are associated with navigable waters of the state.
The committee meets several times a year to advise the Recreation and Conservation Funding Board on which projects to fund.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in and knowledgeable about the state’s shorelands and tidelands, including buying or restoring land for habitat, or developing fishing piers, interpretive signs, or boat launches
- 2-4 full days of virtual meetings every other summer (even years)
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
- RCO will provide the training needed to evaluate grants
- Stipends are available to eligible committee members
- Karen Borell, Citizen, Seattle
- Kim Bredensteiner, Nisqually Land Trust, Lacey
- Dave Hays, Citizen, Olympia
- Mike Perfetti, City of Tukwila, Tukwila
- Carrie Hite, Redmond Parks and Recreation Department, Redmond
- Chris Mueller, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle
- Ethan Newton, City of Covington, Covington
- Paul Simmons, Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation Department, Olympia
State Agency Members
- Nicole Czarnomski, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Maria Hunter, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
- Heather Kapust, Department of Ecology, Olympia
- Jessica Logan, State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olympia