The Aquatic Lands Enhancement Account Advisory Committee evaluates grant proposals for projects that buy, protect, and restore shorelines or provide public access to the waterfront.
These projects are associated with navigable waters of the state.
The committee meets several times a year to advise the Recreation and Conservation Funding Board on which projects to fund.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in and knowledgeable about the state’s shorelands and tidelands, including buying or restoring land for habitat, or developing fishing piers, interpretive signs, or boat launches
- 2-4 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other summer
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- Karen Borell, Citizen, Seattle
- Kim Bredensteiner, Nisqually Land Trust, Lacey
- Tom Linde, Citizen, Carson
- Carrie Hite, Redmond Parks and Recreation Department, Redmond
- Chris Mueller, Seattle Parks and Recreation Department, Kirkland
- Ethan Newton, City of Covington, Covington
- Paul Simmons, Olympia Parks, Arts and Recreation Department, Olympia
State Agency Members
- Maria Hunter, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
- Heather Kapust, Department of Ecology, Olympia
- Jessica Logan, State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olympia
- Josh Weinheimer, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
Ex Officio Member
- Rory Calhoun, RCO, Olympia