The State Lands Development Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants in the State Lands Category of the larger Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program.
The grants provide funding to develop and renovate outdoor recreation facilities for the Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in a variety of trail-based and general outdoor recreation activities
- 6-12 hours for written evaluation, completed remotely
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- Kurt Danison, Okanogan
- Bill Grimes, Spokane
- Peter Sherrill, Bellevue
- Amanda Tainio, Spokane Valley
Local Agency Members
- Perry T. Barrett, Bainbridge Island Metropolitan Park and Recreation District, Bainbridge Island
- Mary McCluskey, City of Poulsbo, Poulsbo
- Sharon Swan, Snohomish County Department of Parks and Recreation, Snohomish
State Agency Members
- Shane Belson, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Rex Hapala, Washington Department of Natural Resources, Castle Rock
- Michael Hankinson, Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olympia
Ex Officio Member
- Rory Calhoun, RCO, Olympia