The State Lands Development Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants in the State Lands Category of the larger Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program.
The grants provide funding to develop and renovate outdoor recreation facilities for the Department of Natural Resources and the Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in a variety of trail-based and general outdoor recreation activities
- 6-12 hours for written evaluation, completed remotely
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- Alec Brock, Tacoma
- Kurt Danison, Okanogan
- Bill Grimes, Spokane
- Erin Komo, Mill Creek
- Peter Sherrill, Bellevue
- Amanda Tainio, Spokane Valley
Local Agency Members
- Michael Aronowitz, Seattle City Light, Seattle
- Sharon Swan, Snohomish County Department of Parks and Recreation, Snohomish
State Agency Members
- Shane Belson, Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Rex Hapala, Washington Department of Natural Resources, Castle Rock
- Michael Hankinson, Washington State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olympia