The Boating Programs Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants that buy, develop, and renovate facilities for motorized boats and other watercraft, including launching ramps, guest moorage, and other facilities.
Committee members spend time reviewing grant proposals and advise the Recreation and Conservation Funding Board on which projects to fund.
Committee members also have the opportunity to provide advice on program-related policy.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in and knowledgeable about boating, including boat launches, guest moorage facilities, and boating amenities.
- For BFP grants: 4-6 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other fall and winter
- For BIG grants: 5-15 hours of written review and evaluation every summer
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- Karl Harris, Shelton
- Al Wolslegel, Olympia
Local Agency Members
- Doug Chase, Spokane County Parks, Recreation and Golf Department, Spokane
- Glenn Guy Jr., Port of Ilwaco, Ilwaco
- Tammi Hays, Port of Friday Harbor, Friday Harbor
- Dennis Lefevre, Oak Harbor, Oak Harbor
- Kim Noah, Port of Camas-Washougal, Washougal
State Agency Members
- Shane Belson, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Lowell Dickson, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
- Chris Guidotti, State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olga