The Boating Programs Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants that buy, develop, and renovate facilities for motorized boats and other watercraft, including launching ramps, guest moorage, and other facilities.
Committee members spend time reviewing grant proposals and advise the Recreation and Conservation Funding Board on which projects to fund.
Committee members also have the opportunity to provide advice on program-related policy.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in and knowledgeable about boating, including boat launches, guest moorage facilities, and boating amenities.
- RCO will provide the training needed to evaluate grants
- Stipends are available to eligible committee members
- For Boating Facilities Program grants: 4-6 full days of virtual meetings every other fall and winter
- For Boating Infrastructure Grants: 5-15 hours of written review and evaluation every summer
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
|BIG Written Technical Review||July 2022 (estimate)|
|BIG Written Evaluation||August 2022 (estimate)|
|BFP Technical Review Meeting||November 15-17, 2022|
|BFP Evaluation Meeting||February 14-16, 2023|
|Results Meeting||February 23, 2023|
- Chris Cole, Poulsbo
- Eric Fickeisen, Bellevue
- Karl Harris, Shelton
- Linda Henriksen, Port Townsend
- Paul Sorensen, Anacortes
Local Agency Members
- Greg Englin, Port of Kingston, Kingston
- Tami Hays, Port of Friday Harbor, Friday Harbor
- Sue Patterson, Port of Shelton
State Agency Members
- Shane Belson, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Lowell Dickson, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
- Chris Guidotti, State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olga