The Water Access Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants in the Water Access Category of the larger Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program.
The grants provide funding to create access to shorelines for non-motorized, water-related recreation activities such as boating and fishing.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in nonmotorized water activities
- 2-4 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other year
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- James Horan, Olympia
- Eric Jensen, Kirkland
- Davi Martin, Gold Bar
- Reed Waite, Seattle
Local Agency Members
- Kristi Evans, Metro Parks Tacoma, Tacoma
- Anjali Myer, City of Sammamish, Sammamish
- Sarah Olson, Lynnwood Parks and Recreation Department, Lynnwood
State Agency Members
- Shane Belson, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Jamie Van de Vanter, State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olympia
- Lowell Dickson, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
- David Pater, Department of Ecology, Bellingham