The Water Access Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants in the Water Access Category of the larger Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program.
The grants provide funding to create access to shorelines for non-motorized, water-related recreation activities such as boating and fishing.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in nonmotorized water activities
- 2-4 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other year
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- Reed Waite, Seattle
- Hanna Waterstrat, Olympia
Local Agency Members
- Brad Case, Ellensburg Parks and Recreation Department, Ellensburg
- Adam Fyall, Benton County, Richland
- Sarah Olson, Lynnwood Parks and Recreation Department, Lynnwood
- Camron Parker, City of Bellevue, Bellevue
State Agency Members
- Steven Thiesfeld, Department of Fish and Wildlife, Olympia
- Laura Moxham, State Parks and Recreation Commission, Olympia
- Kyle Murphy, Department of Natural Resources, Olympia
- David Pater, Department of Ecology, Bellingham
Ex Officio Member
- Rory Calhoun, RCO, Olympia