The State Parks Advisory Committee evaluates applications for grants in the State Parks Category of the larger Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program.
The grants provide funding to acquire or develop state parks. Projects involving the renovation of existing facilities are ineligible.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in state parks
- 2-4 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other year
- Policy feedback time commitment varies
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
- Thomas Bradley, Spokane
- Doug Simpson, Kirkland
- Cecilia Vogt, Yakima
- Janice Sears, Alternate, Seattle
Local Agency Members
- Mary Dodsworth, Lakewood Parks and Recreation Department, Lakewood
- Carolyn Hope, City of Burien, Shoreline
- Ken Wilkinson, Yakima Parks and Recreation Department, Yakima
State Parks and Recreation Commission Staff Members
- Ken Graham, Olympia
- Bob Gratias, Olympia
- Larry Mallo, Olympia
- Janet Shonk, Lakebay
- Todd Tatum, Olympia
- Sam Wotipka, Olympia