The Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program Farmland Preservation Advisory Committee evaluates grant proposals for projects that acquire development rights on farmland and ensure the land remains available for farming in the future.
- Live in Washington
- Have an interest in public policy
- Enjoy finding creative solutions and appreciate other perspectives
- Are interested in and knowledgeable about farming, ranching, or land transactions.
2-4 full days of in-person meetings in Olympia every other summer. Policy feedback time commitment varies.
Travel reimbursement including lodging, transportation, and meals is available.
Local Agency Members
- Patricia Arnold, Citizen, Trout Lake
- Jesika Harper, Northwest Farm Credit Services, Spokane
- Nicole Witham, Washington State University, Port Hadlock
State Agency Members
- Perry Beale, Department of Agriculture, Yakima
- Michael Kuttel Jr., Department of Fish and Wildlife, Spokane
- Cynthia Nelson, Citizen, Oroville
- Julie Kintzi, Citizen, Enumclaw
- Tristan Klesick, Citizen, Stanwood